Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Roc Nicholas Design Team

I am thrilled and honored today because I have been asked to be a designer for the Roc Nicholas Design Team in 2015!! how cool is that? I am so excited to join the list of wonderful designers with this awesome team.


Here are the Blog Links to the rest of the team

cathy parmelee - pure one impressions - www.pureoneimpressions.blogspot.com

corrie herriman - madebychook - www.madebychook.blogspot.com

samantha read - the pink dog blog - www.crafty-sam.blogspot.com

karen hayselden (guest designer) - kassa - delight in the detail - www.kassadh.blogspot.com


You can find Roc's stamps on the Stampotique website HERE
There are so many fun and quirky stamps and they are so versatile and all Roc's stamps work so well together.

I wanted to show you how well these stamps work on any project and how they perform so well together, so I have made a few projects for the post today

The list of Roc's Stamps that I used on these projects will all be listed at the end of this post as well as with each project

For my first project I decided to do a postcard, this one was so fun to create and bling out with my white gel pen



I used the stamp Blessed Skellie for this project

For my background here I used tissue paper and stamped Blessed Skellie's head over and over again. I simply covered the rest of the stamp with sticky notes, inked it up and then removed the sticky notes and stamped




I then adhered the tissue to the background of my postcard, I then spritzed with different colors of spray ink and whalla!! you have a fabulous background to build upon



For my next project, I decided to make a keychain
I used the stamp Scooter Girl for this project (Scooter Girl is one of my favorite stamps)

All you do is stamp your image onto some Shrink plastic, color her with some of your favorite colored markers and then cut her out (I recommend using permanent markers for this)



 I colored the back of my girl and then shrunk her down, this is what she looked like previous to shrinking her. I made two holes, one in her bun and the other in her wheel, in order to hang a charm from her


I love how she turned out, she is going to be so cute on my keychain!



 For my next projects, I wanted to work in my journal so I did two different journal pages here
I did not do tutorials for each but I can explain what they entail
For my first page, I first stamped Roc's new release stamp Love Chandlier and then I created a background using Washi tapes leaving that blank space where I stamped my chandlier. I used the stamps Art Junkie and Scooter Girl on top of my washi tapes. I think this turned out to be a fun, bright and cheery page



For my next journal page I used some stencils, tags and rub on words here and there, I just drew the circles and triangles on the side
My focal point on this page is the fabulous Bird Lady Stamp 
Bird Lady is the perfect stamp for my GIRL POWER page!! haha!



For my last project, I made a fun jumbo tag, I created my background with various shades of archival inks and white and black paint, I also used a brick stencil (you can see the stencil is very subtle on the blue and lower red areas)



I used the following Roc Nicholas Stamps on this tag:
Blessed Skellie
Stacked Boxes
Bird Princess
Bunny 
Dog

I wanted to show how awesome these stamps work together and how you can use portions of the stamps.
 I stamped my Stacked Boxes, Bunny's tail and my Bird Princess's dress onto printed craft paper and cut them out. I only used the tail from Bunny. I stamped my girls head, the Dogs and also Blessed Skellies Flower onto white paper and colored those and cut them out. As you can see here, I have paper pieced my Bird Princess together, with her dress, bird, flowers and head all being different paper

This is the outcome of all these stamps! 

So I hope you have enjoyed all my projects today using the wonderful Roc Nicholas stamps and I hope you will stop by Stampotique Originals online store and check them out.
 Also come by Roc Nicholas blog and check out more inspiration and all the wonderful things she and the rest of the team do with these stamps, I can't wait to get started posting with the team in January, I'm so excited!



Again here is the list of stamps I have used:
Blessed Skellie
Stacked Boxes
Bird Princess
Bunny 
Bird Lady Stamp 
Scooter Girl
Art Junkie
Love Chandlier 
Dog

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and have a wonderful day!!

13 comments:

  1. Big CONGRATS. wonderful use of color and design. Love your stuff GF, strut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love everything! I'm so excited to have you onboard the design team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on joining Roc's team, her stamps are awesome! You will be a great asset to her team :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YeY!!!!
    Huge congrats Claudine - MWAH xoxo
    Hugs Kassa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tclaudine congrats on being now a member of that team. They made a scoop making you join them. Lol
    Gosh your projects today are awesome. They all look fabulous. Especially I'm in love with Scooter Girl ( which I happen to own ..lucky me ).. And the idea of using her as a key ring made of shrink plastic is just fantastic.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art !!! I adore it.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You are so talented and I am sure your art using these new stamps will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge Congratulations Claudine, i can see how much you love Roc's stamps. Your projects are full of fun and inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to you!!! Haven't heard of the stamps so thanks for telling and they are perfect for that look you are so well at doing...of course they wanted you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love your work! Great to have you join us :) :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super congrats! The stamps and DT are a perfect fit! So looking forward to see all your new exciting art! ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on joining the Roc DT, Claudine! You will bring a wonderful, not to mention colorful, element to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations !
    and a good creative year to you .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressed with your style--it's so different from mine so I'm in awe of what you create--this dt looks like a perfect fit for you. Congrats! Helene

    ReplyDelete