Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 4

Can you believe that we are already on week 4 of this challenge? Wow, this has been so great, not just for me but it seems like everyone is having a really good time with these.
Thanks so much for following along

If you have missed any of the previous weeks
Here are your links 


and our Facebook page



I started off with the first card by gluing some torn printed tissue paper onto my background


I then added two colors of acrylic paint


I used the darker color for the entire background and then added little lines and some dots with the lighter color
If you use an old credit or gift card to add some of the paint to one side and then "scratch it on in lines, it works really nicely



I then used my black marker to doodle just a bit


I layed out some of my gelli prints onto my work station and picked out a few that I wanted to use for the houses. I chose some in matching colors and chose some in brighter bolder colors, you can also use printed paper for these if you don't have gelli prints


I then used a marker to start drawing some tiny houses. I didn't really worry about super straight lines or making these perfect. I wanted more whimsical looking houses



I used different prints for the roofs


I cut out my tiny houses and set them aside for later
I then used another gelli print to stamp Stampotique stamp 2 Nauges by artist Janet Klein
(Janet has a line of digi stamps and also a line at Stampotique that are wood mount)



I then cut these out, after all that was done, I adhered my houses and clouds to my Altered Trading Card and I also added a hand written sentiment, I love how it came out, look how cute my little homemade houses are
(I doodled a bit onto my roofs to give them a little more character)


For the next card I simply applied two colors of acrylic paint to the background. I applied the paint with a sponge in order to make "streaks"



I then added a bit of washi tape to the bottom portion of my background in a bright pink


for my characters I used divi stamp City Girl and Shops over at Vera Lane Studios
(ended up only using one of the shops)


I colored my girl and shop with copic markers


I also used one of the clouds that I had previously made and hand wrote a sentiment
I then simply adhered my digi images to my background


Here are my two cards together


I hope you have enjoyed the cards this week and I am always so excited to see what you all create on your own. I have seen some really amazing cards throughout this process.
Have a great week!!
(Will be posting supplies for next week here once I have those done)

22 comments:

  1. Another really fab set Claudine! I'm going to get started on mine as soon as I make a dent in this stack of paperwork in front of me... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudine! These altered cards are fabulous! I like to alter my tiny playing cards, smaller than the tiny bottle of Glossy Accents. I thought you might like to check them out... if you decide to do so, just scroll down to my categories and click 'altered cards'. I will be altering some soon so I might join your challenge ;)
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving taking part Claudine, will be back later to leave link to my blog post here as i don't do FB. This weeks cards are very pretty:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudine, these are really sweet. I'm not really a house person but I can roll with it. Love the bright green and yellow and the doodled border. Thanks for your lovely comments. How many people do you have in the facebook group?? I want to see what people are doing Wahhh!!! Thanks for your lovely comments. I am enjoying greatly HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I have enjoyed my time in the New Hampshire woods this past week, I find I am eager to get home to my studio and catch up on last weeks cards, as well as start on these two beauties you shared today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them, think I'll do these first, and then play "catch up" on last weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week really will be a challenge for me! I'm not a brights person, never played with gelli plates and am a rotten doodler. Will have to wait and see what happens when I sit down at my table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these ATC's! I cannot wait to get back home and catch up with week 3 and do week 4!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These will be quite challenging for me to recreate! I'm not into brights, have never worked with gelli plates or digital images so we'll have to wait and see what I can do to turn your samples into my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooooo fabulous! I love both of them.

    They're so bright, cheerful, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of cards,Claudine.
    So colorfuland happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I have the images but not the stamp. So I guess I will be drawing clouds. Well first, I have to get caught up! I haven't completed week three yet.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving these Claudine, I like the brights!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really must join in with this Claudine,it looks so much fun. Your gelli prints are fab too

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. More great cards. I'm ready for the next ones! These are so much fun!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So enjoyed these cards, only I confess I had to make them my way, since I had so few of the products you used.

    Since I'm not on Facebook, I am posting mine here for yours and others' enjoyment: http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2014/09/altered-playing-cards-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fun set of cards! I am really enjoying this and seem to be learning some lessons "the hard way", LOL!

    http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com/2014/09/apc-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved making these this week, thanks for the inspiration :-)

    http://massofhair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/apc-challenge-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wonderful and fun cards Claudine! Thanks so much for this fun challenge and inspiration! So fun to play. I made a blog post for my Week 4 cards, here:
    http://tangledbluerose.blogspot.com/2014/09/altered-playing-card-challengeapccplay_28.html

    Can't wait for Monday!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Literally in the midnight hour, here is a link to my blog post for cards 5 and 6:
    http://2amscrapper.blogspot.com/2014/09/altered-playing-cards-4-and-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi everyone, here's the link for my week 3 and 4 cards. I also put this on week three post so this is a repeat Hugz http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2014/10/if-ten-of-spades-is-yellow-what-colour.html

    ReplyDelete