Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy 4th!! - Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge 5

Hello all and Happy 4th Of July to you!!! 

4th of July has always been so special to my family because it is also my Mother's Birthday. Each year she gets to celebrate her birthday along with fireworks!




This year I wanted to make my Mom something special so I put together this multi page card for her. My siblings and I will each sign the last page

I also wanted to use this project for my entry at
Studio L3 - For the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge 5
This challenge is located on page 39 of Tim's 3rd book and is called "Distress Watercoloring - Part 1"
You can always buy Tim's book here if you don't already have a copy.
You can also win a prize package directly from Tim and Mario themselves and there is also a wonderful 25.00 gift card from The Funkie Junkie Boutique

I also realized that my card fits into another challenge over at A Vintage Journey - This is their 9th challenge and the theme is "Use every stamp in a set" 
The stamp set I used was Tim's Americana Blueprint Set and I also used the cupcake stamp from the set Birthday Blueprint
Tim Holtz has really influenced my creation here because it's mostly grungy and vintage looking and I just love Tim's style!! Tim is inspiring in everything that he does, his mind works in so many great ways and I just love to learn from his blog, his classes and videos.

For this challenge I used a few of the Jumbo Tags by Ranger for my base and I wanted to create a "book" type birthday card with these


These are the distress marker colors I used with a few others thrown in here and there


I also used Tim's remnant rubs and also some industrial letters


Here are the stamped images for each page after I used Tim's watercolor technique, I wanted a vintage look






I also used Tim's paper behind each image to create a nice background for each
Here is my finished card/book

Front with ribbon
(I used Tim's Word Play Die for the number 4)



First page, My Mom will be 68 years old this year
(notice the remnant rubs too?)



Second page
(Tim Holtz simple sayings stamp set was used for the words)





Back cover, this is where we will all sign the card






I hope you have enjoyed my card and make sure to check out those challenges mentioned above!! Fun! 
Happy 4th!!!

29 comments:

  1. Your mother is sure going to love this card, Claudine! What a wonderful job of watercoloring you did as well as putting the card together! Love it! Thanks for playing along with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your Mom is going to love this card, it is fabulous. Love how you used the cupcake with the other stamps and your watercolor is so well done. Thanks for traveling with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th, Claudine and congrats with your mom's birthday. What an asome tag card you made. it looks super from every side you look at it.
    Have a wonderful day,enjoy the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claudine, your Mum is a very lucky lady getting a gorgeous card like this, I love how you used the blueprint stamps and your colouring is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claudine, bet your mum loves it!! Fireworks on her Birthday too, what a lucky lady she is.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudine....this multipage card for your mom is a gift in and of itself! :) I love each page! Your watercolored blueprint patriotic images are fantastic! I love the way you have used each one on your pages. I also love the added remnant rubs and little Ideaology pieces you've added. This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudine... As usual you are taking my breath away !! This card/mini book is gorgeous !!! Such a lot of pretty details ! You are so talented and a true artist ! LOVE your work !! Thank you for sharing !
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Happy Independence day and happy birthday to your mom! I ADORE your multi paged patriotic card, and so will she! Love each watercolored page! Just super Claudine! Thanks so much for joining us on our watercolory challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous!!! Love looking at all the photos to capture the detail you pun into this Claudine. Sure hope you win because you deserve to. :) Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Claudine! I love all pages in it. Happy birthday to your mom! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous combination of elements to create this multi-page birthday card for you mother, Claudine! Many can celebrate their birthdays with celebrities, but few with such a star as America! Well done, my friend. Your mother must have been thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card and so well created ( and so well explained on your blog too - lovely photos). Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful book card for your mother for her special 4th of July 68th b'day! The papers and distressing look great with the watercolored images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claudine, this is wonderful card! Love all the stamps that you used on each page. Such a clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, stunning card!! Bet your Mum was thrilled with this beauty. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness this is fabulous Claudine! Each and every page a delight. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the idea of a multi-page card! Sometimes there just isn't enough room to do what you want to do, so I totally get this. Your watercoloring is fabulous and i'm sure your mom loved this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's absolutely wonderful, Claudine - love the watercolouring and the fabulous card book design - amazing work! Lovely to have you join us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looooove this Claudine, such a wonderful card for your Mum. The multi page card is an unusual one, but oh boy did it give you the scope to use all the stamps in a set and more. Thanks for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just came back to say huge congratulations on your win over at CC3C Claudine!!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your book Claudine. Even though I am Canadian, I've always appreciated the Americana artwork I see. Congrats on your win. Wait 'til you get your happy mail day. It's awesome. Tim and Mario are VERY generous with the prize packs. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on well deserved recognition for this fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your win over at the CC3 challenge. I love how you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very worthy winner, absolutely gorgeous card, your Mum must have been thrilled. X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done, a worthy winner. I would love to see you prize when it arrives and hope you enjoy using all the goodies.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a fabulous creation, Claudine!! Congrats on your win over at CC3! Totally Tim-tastic :) XOXO-Shari T.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Claudine!
    Thanks again, so much, for your amazing entry, and congrats on being our Curiosity Crew's Choice! It looks like my comment on Saturday didn't publish (Blogger is hating me right now), so I'm trying again. Please email me with your shipping info so I can get your goodies in the mail. :) linda(at)StudioL3(dot)com

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous project! Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete