Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - June

Hello all, thanks for coming by today
I have been working on my Postcard for this month's Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014, make sure to check it out HERE
This months tag is so gorgeous and I love the technique Tim used with his stencils and watercolor paper


I had so much fun with this month's postcard (I'm making postcards each month) that I ended up making three.

I did three very different backgrounds
One was done on regular manila card stock (far left)
The middle one and far right were both done on watercolor paper but they were done on different brands of watercolor paper. This paper was sent to me by a friend and you can see that the piece to the far right was way more absorbent
This gives you a good idea on how the technique Tim used turns out differently on different paper


I used the same color distress stains for the two on the right and a few other colors for the manilla card stock, I actually like how they all turned out

I then used distress inks to go around the edges and also the middle of each background

I embossed each of my main images with black embossing powder and I then colored them with distress markers and a water pen


I used various Tim Holtz stencils, distress inks and die cuts to create background images
While using the stencils I use sticky note paper to mask of portions that I don't want in my background (see below)



Here are my three finished postcards








I love how each background was created the same but each one turned out very different
I am going to enter the dragonfly postcard here


in the following two challenges

Our Creative Corner - The Challenge over there is "Flaming June" based on a photo by Lord Frederic Leighton

A Vintage Journey - Their Challenge is "Wings and Things"

Make sure to check out both challenges if you have some time and also be sure to stop by Tim Holtz's website to get a full tutorial on this months tag.

10 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful, Claudine !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool! They're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postcards are all beautiful Claudine - I really love the one with the dragonfly and it fits the challenge of Wings & Things over at A Vintage Journey perfectly - thank you for joining in! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claudine. All three are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great tut on how the backgrounds were made. Love you dragonfly because it fits in and stands out at the same time.
    Just beautiful! Thanks for traveling with us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your postcards,Claudine! Yes, this month is such a fun technique.
    I am hoping to have mine ready soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your postcards are wonderful Claudine but the dragonfly is my favourite as the colours are just so stunning. And a great entry for our Wings and Things Challenge! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful creations. My favourite just happens to be the dragonfly which you've entered for my Flaming June challenge at Our Creative Corner. I love the background you've created with the watercolour paper. Great to read about your experiments too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at OCC this time.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, a truly beautiful project, love what you did with those stamps and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge, both at Our Creative Corner and A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous, Claudine - so bold, bright and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along at Our Creative Corner and joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete