Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 MAY

Hello everyone, thanks for coming by the blog once again. Today I would like to share with you my creations for this months 12 Tags of 2014 by Mr. Tim Holtz

If you have time make sure to go by his blog here - Tim Holtz and check out the tag for this month. You may even get some inspiration to try out your own tag

If your like me, you cherish all those little trickiest that you buy and sometimes you don't even use them because they are too cute to use LOL... aren't we, as crafters, funny that way?

I know that I have a complete stock of many, many, many trinkets that I just love and Tim has really pressed us to use some of those items with this months tag and I'm so glad he did because that's what they are for, right? To be used on your creations! 
Once again, I am making postcards and I always make two, one for me and one to give away. 
To begin, Tim had asked us to use distress paint, stains or inks to color our background and I decided to use several different colors of distress inks
I did one in the blue tones and one in the orange/brown tones



Here are photos of my backgrounds before I added all the trinkets, I chose to use two different shadow press words for each and misc pieces of Tim's paper


For the first postcard I chose to use the butterfly and Industrious Frame Sticker just like Tim did but I added a word band to the bottom. I then used an arrow created like the butterfly, with paper and cardboard and the new Tim Holtz artful arrows bigs die


Since you couldn't really see the words on the word band, I used picket fence distress paint and painted it white and then wiped it down so the white would "settle" into the words
I also used a new Tim Holtz Idea-ology item called Monocles
 I used a piece of Tim's paper (the bird) and glossy accents to add the photo to the back of the monocle 


For my next postcard I used the honeycomb frameworks die to create my block in the upper middle here, I wanted my framework piece to be the same depth as the rest of my block pieces (each one is paper on top of cardboard) so I used a piece of paper without the cardboard underneath and added grungeboard under the frameworks paper, this way it ended up the same height as everything else. - the small bee is the only thing that I used that is not Tim Holtz's product, it is from Vintaj


Here are the postcards together



I love the way these turned out and I'm so glad that I got to get some of those ideology pieces out and use them

Thanks for coming by and have a wonderful day.


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous versions Claudine! Great idea to use two colour schemes and play with different ideas for each one. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I don't hoard little trinkets… HAHAHA. =) I like your postcard format; these turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! So glad I stopped by to see these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful elements you have brought together, Claudine! Love each and every piece, as well as the great color palette! Beautifully choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so wonderful, Claudine. Love your choice of words,colors and your collection.
    Everything is wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claudine your cards are fabulous I love them! I have never made postcards before really, but I love how you have done these, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claudine these are beautiful, I love the idea of turning Tim's tags into postcards. You are so right about collecting trinkets and then never wanting to use them lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tags Claudine! Wonderful trinkets. Beautiful butterfly too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete