Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Another take on Dry Embossing

I have been having a lot of fun making postcards lately. I just can't stop myself until that 7 Gypsies recipe tray is totally full. Luckily I've been trading quite a bit with some friends too so my tray is getting pretty full

Remember that tutorial that I showed you last week regarding the dry embossing with patterned paper?
Here is the tutorial


At the time that I made that postcard I started another one with the same paper just a different embossing folder
and this time I used Claudine Hellmuth's black gesso on the background instead of the distress ink


I really love the coverage that I got with the black gesso 

I also used a Stampotique Stamp by 
Roc Nicholas called 

and I colored her with copic markers


I then cut her out and adhered her to my background
I used a Wendy Vecchi stamp for part of my sentiment and part of it I just wrote. I also used a Sizzix strip die for the word "you" this one is called Vintage Market by Tim Holtz

I made my Skellie a girl by drawing some eyelashes on her
Have a look:




I think this background came out more vibrant than the one last week

 

What do you think? Even though the background printed paper is the same, each background gives off it's own unique look using the different ink and paint




Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!
CHEERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment