Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friends Homes

Hello everyone, thanks for coming by the blog once again. I always appreciate your kind comments and your visits so thank you!!
I have a few things to share with you today
First - I have this friend, her name is Terri Richardson and her website is: Catching Moon Beams she is like a pen/art pal, her and I send each other art along with letters now and then. (definitely check out her website, she is a wonderful artist)
 She sent me this piece of work that she did and she wasn't pleased with how it turned out.  When I got it, I loved it, I didn't think it was bad at all, I saw potential. (we are always our own worst critics) 
I decided to make something for her with it and send it back to her. 
This is what it looked like when I got it.. 


I really like it, it looks like a stone background or something
I decided to use my Stampotique Stamp by France Papillon it's called Home Sweet Home
I stamped two houses onto some scratch paper and embossed with and then colored them with Copic markers
I also used some black card stock and the Tim Holtz - Sizzix decorative die strip called "Cobbestone" to make a path
I then wrote my sentiment and cut it out
Here is my finished project.....

Now before you look at this I want to warn you, when I was putting this together I made a boo boo and had no idea I had even done it until my friend Terri pointed it out to me... Can you catch the boo boo I made?


How funny is it when something like this happens with your crafts? I am such a goober sometimes haha!! I told Terri that my house was the one upside down because that's how my head is usually, haha!!! DUH!! I just had a good laugh about it
She liked it anyway and I'm so glad too, it will be a funny story for years to come....

Secondly - I also wanted to share with you an ATC that I received. The Stampotique Facebook group did an ATC exchange and I got a wonderful ATC from the fabulous Jenni Jones in Australia. I just love it!! Jenni did a fantastic job!


If you ever want to check out the Stampotique Facebook group here is a link:

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope I gave you a good laugh with my project!! haha!! 
Cheers!!

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What are the chances that you need a ladder to get into that first friend's house! I love it! That is such a great atc! Also love the one from Jenni Jones! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from leaving some love on Terri's blog--thanks for the side trip! I actually looked at your project more than just a couple of times, then had to actually LOOK for the OOPS! My first thought was that my house is often turned upside down! ;-) How wonderful to create something with Terri's art and return it to her. How cool would this technique be for a swap? Totally brilliant, I say! Love the ATC you received in the Stampotique swap, too, Claudine. Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am building a ladder so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the background you created looks great and I love the upside down house!

    ReplyDelete