Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Other Half...

It's rainy and overcast today in Northern Virginia so i decided to stay in and lock myself in my craft room.

A few weeks back I made a 8x10 picture for my sister to display in her home. She loved it so much that she wanted me to make a matching one for the other side of her wall in her living room. 

This is the print that I made for her previously...



Since this stamp set by Dylusions and Dyan Reaveley has a male counterpart I decided to make the matching one with the guy.
I made this background with my gelli print plate and at the time I had used up the only one I had. YIKES! How do you re-create a gelli print? So what I did was disect the print as much as possible (colors, layers etc) and did my best to make a new one. Here is the outcome:

  
Not too shabby, aye? 
I did not have the male character stamp so I went to my favorite online store The Funky Junkie Boutique and ordered the "Man About Town" Dylusions stamp set. Linda always has terrific prices on all her products. Love them!! 
I then used the same process to create this background mostly the same as the previous one. Trying to get them to match closely. I used Wendy Vecchi black embossing paste for the diamonds. I love the depth it gave them.
I also used the Tim Holtz washer strip die.


I stamped the man onto some other patterned paper that was made with gelli prints and cut him out.

I love the way he came out, I stamped a different sentiment this time, saying "Be True".. I used Dylusions stamps for that.


The circles are also gelli prints. 

I think it came out great and I am sure that my sister will love the match to her gal that she has at home.
Here are the two:






I am entering this into the Sunday Share Challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. They challenge you to create something using an item that you bought in the store and you can win a 25% off discount woot!! 

Thanks for coming by the blog today. I hope your day is less rainy then mine. 


3 comments:

  1. iam so ecstatic to get these two pieces i love them both thanks claudine.....i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. What a lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT!!! Way to add on to make it a set...love the added sentiment! Love the added cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete