Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Big and Bold

I took an online course a few weeks ago by Carolyn Dube called "Use Your Words."  It was fun filled and I learned a lot about using words to create your journal pages. Since then I have been writing more in my journal and using my words. 
Here is a page that I created with this workshop in mind.  I used my Dyan Reaveley art journal for this project. It really takes color so well.

I used large letter stencils. In this first picture I created my word by using the stencil of the word and acrylic paint. I also used some punchinella for the little circles and one of Tim's small word stamps.

In this second picture I used the "inside" of my word stencil and taped it onto my page with removable tape. I also added a few arrow masks.  This allowed me to take Dyan Reaveley sprays and spray some bold bright colors here and there without getting it on my word.  After taking off my masks I added some describing words of "Bold" to the arrows and some journaling in my own handwriting. .


I really like the way the page turned out, simple but I love how the word stands out on the page. I might had a few doodles here and there but otherwise I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment