Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Playing with Beeswax In the Art Journal Today

Some friend and I got together today to play with beeswax. It's something that I have always wanted to play around with but just haven't had a chance. We all worked in our art journals and I just wanted to show you how my page turned out. I am really loving the way the beeswax looks on my page. It's so cool to just play and experiment with it and, who knew?, it's really easy!! 





I used a magazine cut out for the girl here and a dimensional butterfly sticker. I cut the hearts out of pink paper and the text was from a old Dictionary. (QUITE a funny story actually) I blurred out part of the text in the heart because not realizing it, until the page was already done, I had used a terrible word!!! EGADS!!! I have learned that you really need to read your dictionary, book, or other page before you adhere them to your journal. LOL... SO bad of me!! I just saw that one side said "letter" and went with it. Shame on me!! 
At any rate, this is my finished page. Although, I might add some larger words tomorrow ... :)

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm the first to comment! Love the page. It really all came together so well. Funny story, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow claudine , I love the page and i have a brand new wax cooker and some (block of wax ) and I have never used it I have had it for 3 yrs and would love to play with it I dont have no one to help me play thank you . for tell me how easy it is ......
    I cant remember the ladys name that has many youtoo vedio's of useing this melting stuff and she show's useing it on out side of a book but not on your in side page thank you again......MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Good for you on getting out the wax to play. I bought wax pellets and a melting pot at least a few yrs ago and it's one of the few things I haven't taken the time to play with-you have me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for wax! Your story was making me crack up...great color and image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudine, did you pour the wax over the entire page or just some of the elements?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All right, so what was the bad word! The art is very cool and to have a mystery bad word in the makes me crazy to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page and lol on the text. I love beeswax and may just have to pull it out today.

    ReplyDelete